I will admit, I have been a little lax the last couple of months for “Child Chat.” However, I do love year end top news stories…So here are the Child Family’s Top 14 Moments from the year 2014 (in no particular order).
1. We are adding a new addition to our family! Sometime around April 20, 2015, we will welcome a new baby. Will baby be a boy? Will baby be a girl? You only get so many surprises in life, so Brad and I have opted to have Baby #2 be a surprise just as Phoenix was. However, many people have “predicted” a girl. Thoughts? We will see!
2. Phoenix took his first trip on an airplane! What an exciting time! For more on that experience, go here –https://childchat.wordpress.com/2014/06/
3. We took an official family vacation to Clearwater Beach, where Phoenix learned to love the beach life…and Mommy and Daddy didn’t have a bad time either!
4. Brad expanded his business from BPC Painting to BPC Finishing. He is doing more cabinetry and finishing work with his business. This means no garage for me right now, but lots of exciting things for BPC! Check out some of his latest projects here: https://www.facebook.com/bpcfinishing
5. Phoenix received his first set of stitches! In case you’re wondering how…he was walking down the nicely carpeted stairs at his grandparents’ house, and fell on just the right banister corner. Three stitches later, he was back to his old tricks. Mommy and Daddy, however, are forever scarred from the ER trip! :)
6. Phoenix participated in his first Jr. Bix! We love the Bix, especially the Bix at 6, however this year did not do either one! Phoenix, filled in our absence (and shoes – haha) though! He and friends ran their little hearts out in the Jr. Bix! The hot dogs and popsicles after weren’t too bad either!
7. We became an aunt and uncle to another beautiful niece this summer! Sophie Elizabeth entered the world and our hearts July 20th!
8. I traveled to Florida a second time for the American School Counselor Conference in Disney World! What a “magical” experience, and I was able to hear First Lady, Michelle Obama, speak as well as Stedman Graham! Cool times!
9. Although I missed my first rodeo parade EVER in 32 years, we still enjoyed another great year of the New Windsor Fair and Rodeo. Phoenix and Irelynn participated in their first EVER kiddie parade and won a trophy!
10. We discovered that we would be having our Baby #2 only 2 weeks after Amber and Brandon will welcome their Baby #2! Talk about a fun-filled adventure!
11. Kyson has entered the age of “I do what I want.” Which translates to – “I sleep when and where I want to sleep – aka the bed.” “Bread on the counter? Must be for me!” “Snack cabinet open? Those chocolates are calling my name!” In all seriousness, he continues to be a pretty good companion to not only Brad and I, but little brother, Phoenix. He still enjoys chasing his ball and a walk now and then, but when he’s done. He’s done.
12. Our bathroom project is ALMOST done. I’m confident that 2015 will bring around the completion of the bathroom remodel. At least I can say the only thing pink left in the bathroom right now is the tub!
13. Phoenix continues to find enjoyment in even the smallest things. Whether it is coloring, drawing, sword fighting, pillow fighting, or dressing up – he just. has. fun. Dandelions, for instance, were the cheapest and most rewarding forms of entertainment this past spring/summer. https://childchat.wordpress.com/2014/05/
14. Although there were big trips, we discovered our love for “little trips” too…like “bike night” at the school park, Family Museum, Niabi Zoo, grocery store, Lowes and more!
Well, that was our 14 from 2014. What was your 14 from 2014? Looking forward to making new memories in 2015!